Saturday, January 22, 2011

Memory Poem: Sally

1.
Waking I found you crazy crouching naked
in Brooklyn bedroom alcove streetlamp
on your shoulders rising my weed
my twisted flower arms angelic
reaching for the light.

2.
From room next door sounds of women
making love
Cindy & new girlfriend Indian
woman
thick braid black hair
to ass
dot on forehead grew up Passaic New Jersey
Said you were in hospital
California
found you crazy naked there
unwashed
in your apartment in the earthquake
zone
From my bathtub you could see lower
Manhattan
Porcelain cold on legs sat chaste
listened
If Cindy & the Indian could still make
love
in this bruised world dawning looking
west
then maybe Sally you would be in distant
California
someday free of earthquakes
& my twisted weed alright.

No comments:

Post a Comment